Australian World Music Star Mitch Tambo is a new voice for a generation producing music that cuts across culture.
A proud Gamilaraay man, Mitch blends traditional Aboriginal sounds and language with contemporary beats and production. The multi-talented recording artist first stunned the nation when he performed a spine tingling First Nations version of the iconic John Farnham anthem, You're The Voice on the 2019 Finale of Australia’s Got Talent. Mitch’s performance was powerful and won the hearts of Australia as well as a host of other countries.
The time was right for Mitch and he was globally embraced. His album Guurama-Li soared up the iTunes World Music charts in Australia, the UK, US and Europe reaching #1 in Australia, #1in Denmark, #1 Malta, #2 in the UK and #34 in the US
A qualified social worker with a passion for diversity awareness, Mitch is a sought-out opinion contributor, commentator and speaker on podcasts, corporate events and an acclaimed cultural practitioner and motivator across schools and for community organisations. A skilled content creator, Mitch produces his own Facebook content series TAMBO TALK and regularly updates content to Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
Mitch last six songs as a Sony recording artist being You’re The Voice, Together, Love, Absolutely Everybody, Dreamtime Princess, Heal have all gone #1 on the iTunes World Music Charts solidifying Tambo as Australia’s World Music Star.
In Tambo’s music you will find great sentiment and stories relating to his own personal journey and story such a Dreamtime Princess which is a celebration of womanhood and challenges men to reconsider how they act, engage and converse with women. He aims to use his voice and platform to raise awareness against bias and celebrate the achievements of women as one of his key causes.
- Performed ‘Your’e The Voice’ alongside John Farnham, Olivia Newton-John and lead guitarist of Queen Brian May at the Fire Fight Australia Concert
- Performed his sing ‘Together’ at Eurovision Australia Decides
- Performed at the T20 Women’s World Cup pre-match concert
- Launched his own online content series Tambo Talk during COVID-19 in 2020 focussing on positive messaging, which continues to screen across Mitch’s Facebook Platform.
- UNICEF ambassador raising awareness of child rights and issues affecting children across Australia, the region and the world
- Headline Speaker at Verizon Media’s Real Talk series aired during NAIDOC week
- Headline Performer for 2020 Australian Open Opening Ceremony
- Opened 2020 Melboune Fashion Week
- Support Act Cultural and Inclusion Ambassador